Can I Appoint A Guardian For My Children In My Will?

Video Summary

Can I appoint a Guardian for my children in my Will? The answer is: Yes you may. In fact, that is where you usually do designate your Guardian since as long as you're alive you will serve as a natural guarding of your child. Because you designate someone to be the Guardian does not necessarily mean that they will be appointed because they will do what is in the best interest of the child.

There are two types of guardian. One, the Guardian of the Person who you appoint to take care raising the child and basically serving as their surrogate parent. And then the Guardian of the Property. These can be two different people. That's the person who takes care of the money for the Minor. At age 18, they receive the money from the guardianship. So, if you'd like to set up a guardianship or provide for a guard in your will, give me a call at 727-847-2288.