How Can I Set Up a Trust for my Grandchildren?


Video Summary

You can set this trust up in your will and that’s called a testamentary trust for your grandchildren. Another way to do it is just set up a living trust, also called a revocable trust, and provide for your grandchildren in a revocable trust or your living trust. However, if it is for a very small amount you may want to consider setting up something on the Florida College Prepaid College Program and there is another way to set this up so the grandchildren receive the account when they are age 21 by setting up an account in your name as custodian under the uniform transfers to the minors act and the account is held until such time as the minor reaches the age of 21. And if you pass away they can petition to have another custodian appointed such as your child or you can put it in their parents name to hold for them until they are 21 years of age. If you would like to do a trust or some estate planning for your grandchildren give me a call at (727) 847-2288.